Pre-School English (3-9+)
Pre-School English (3-9+)
Pingu’s English Pre-school English program enables kids aged 3 – 9+ to acquire this vital life skill from the earliest possible stage.
Combining effective language teaching techniques with a fun and supportive atmosphere, Pingu’s English can give your child the confidence to use English practically in everyday life.
Scientifically Proven English Language Teaching
Learning a second language from an early age can:
- Enhance literacy development in a child’s native language.
- Positively alter the brain’s structure, increasing the amount of information-processing nerve cells in the language processing lobe.
- Helps children absorb an English accent and build up vocabulary in more than one language simultaneously.
Want to know more?
Pingu’s English is based on the timeless Pingu TV series. Like Pingu™, we believe that children learn most effectively when the process is combined with fun activities, songs and games. They relate to the loveable little penguin, and the theme of many of his adventures will feel familiar to them.
288 lessons in 3 levels with an Introduction, Expansion, Consolidation and Review and Assessment phases each.
We provide children with engaging activities, unique multimedia and sensory experiences that enhance their learning process, as well as a relaxed, safe environment in which to explore their new talent.
The syllabus includes four distinct levels. Here’s an overview of the English course structure:
- Level 1 – 12 units – 72 lessons
- Level 2 – 12 units – 72 lessons
- Level 3 – 12 units – 72 lessons
- Level 4 – 12 units – 72 lessons
Total –48 units – 288 lessons
The unique Pingu’s English Program has been developed by international educational experts to help pre-school children gain language skills from the earliest possible stage, and use English in the real world with confidence.
The curriculum includes four distinct levels. Across all levels, five key learning skills have been identified and are practiced at the same time to boost the learning process and help children to feel at home with the English language: reading, writing, speaking, listening and understanding.
At Pingu’s English, we use a spiral syllabus method to introduce language concepts from an early age. As your child’s ability level increases, we reintroduce the topic again at a higher level to ensure that the knowledge sticks.
Each unit of the Pre-school English program is based on a Pingu episode, nurturing your child’s imagination and helping them learn in a way that ensures the knowledge will last a lifetime.
The unique Pingu’s English syllabus has been developed by educational experts to help pre-school children gain language skills from the earliest possible stage, and use English in the real world with confidence.
We do this by combining fun, playful education techniques with enough structure and routine to manage their knowledge-base and prepare them for full-time education.
We provide children with activities, multimedia and sensory experiences that enhance the learning process, as well as a relaxed, open environment in which to explore their new talent.
Class sizes are kept small to make sure each child gets the attention that they need. This, in tandem with our commitment to teaching to each child’s individual strengths, makes Pingu’s English the right choice for kids with any existing level of English.
Our pupils receive a Student Study Pack, Student Activity Pack and access to the Online Learning Zone.
This combination includes:
- STUDY BOOKS
- AUDIO VISUAL RESOURCES
- PINGU EPISODES
- STORY BOOK
- ACTIVITY BOOK
- ONLINE LEARNING ZONE WITH ACTIVITIES, GAMES AND TESTS
- ACTIVITY PACK (including Pingu Mat and figurines, Jigsaw puzzle, Chart and stickers, colouring book, Alphabet and number friezes, Backpack)
In details, we provide a valuable selection of learning resources to assist the learning process, including:
- Story Book 1&2
- Story Audio 1&2
- Song Book
- Song Audio
- Worksheets from lesson plan to help with activities at home
Pingu’s English also provides an extensive range of learning and support materials for parents.
Enroll onto the Pingu’s English Pre-school Program today and give your child the head-start in life that they deserve.
Student Activity Pack
Once enrolled, your child will also be given a Pingu’s English Student Activity Pack.
Used across all three levels, this pack contains a wide range of additional games and activities for you and your child to practice what they’ve learned through play including:
- Letters and Numbers Book and Audio Video materials
Essential practice in pencil control (writing) and letter recognition (reading) that can be used in class or at home. These are integral to the course and help your child practice the often difficult skill of writing in a script that is typically not their own.
- Pinguland Mat and Figurines
Used throughout the course, these resources will help your child use their imagination to enter the world of Pingu, his family and friends.
- Height and Progress Chart and Stickers
These record your child’s physical growth and progress through Pingu’s English.
- Jigsaw Puzzle
A fun, large puzzle that uses the alphabet to help your child develop letter recognition and motor skills.
- Alphabet and Number Friezes
These are used to develop letter and number recognition, as well as decorating a child’s bedroom or classroom.
- Coloring Book
A bumper book of drawings of Pingu and his world gives your child further opportunities to practice motor skills and appreciate colours.
- More Adventures with Pingu Audio/Video Material
An entertainment-filled, bonus Video resources featuring six Pingu television episodes not used within the Pingu’s English course. Just for fun!
A fun and functional way to carry course materials to and from class
Teachers will be provided with a fully-comprehensive suite of resources.
Every minute of every day has been meticulously planned to ensure that teachers are never at a loose end about how to keep children happy and learning in a Pingu’s English classroom! Teacher support resources include:
- 3 Teacher Manuals (one for each level)
- Teacher’s resources (Plus classroom resources: Pinguland mat, figurines, letters and numbers)
- Teacher’s Flashcards (These are particularly important for visual learners. Over 330
- Flashcards are available to present, practise and recycle the key vocabulary learned by the children. They’re an invaluable aid to encourage visual and spoken recognition of new words learnt within the course.)
- Extended business, marketing and operational manuals on English program Operations
- Additional Teaching, Marketing and Business through our partner Extranet
- In-country training to the teachers.
- The Teacher’s Guide gives an overview of the course and introduces the aims, syllabus and principles behind Pingu’s English. It also:
- Provides full description of each of the course components and how they’re used
- Offers general advice and tips on how to encourage each child to practise and use their new skills
- Includes classroom management advice on working with young children.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
To ensure the delivery of its quality method, the program assess kids on a regular basis and make sure that each child has reached the weekly and monthly objectives.
Dancing, acting, crafts, using tools remembering names, thinking in words, learning languages , spelling, reasoning recognising patterns, using abstract symbols, problem solving, remembering melodies and visual details.
Obtain a broad vocabulary base to aid confident speech and listening
Develop letter recognition ability to prepare for reading and writing
Introduce classroom setting concept to help them adapt easily to full-time education
Improve co-ordination to enhance pencil control and computer learning
Establish sharing, co-operation and group learning skills within an educational setting
Enhance recognition and observational skills to enable future learning.
Our Authors and Industry Experts
Course Development Team
The Pingu’s English Course syllabus, course structure and learning methodology were developed by a team of leading English language learning and child education experts, and are published exclusively by the Linguaphone Group.
Dr. Diana Hicks – Curriculum Designer and Course Writer
Diana Hicks has over 30 years of experience as a teacher, trainer, author, and language and curriculum consultant. A qualified preschool and secondary school teacher, Diana has been writing English language textbooks for children for more than 25 years. She has a particular interest in the development of reading and writing skills in English for students whose mother tongue is expressed in a different script.
Daisy Scott – Video Script Writer, Story Writer and American English Consultant
Daisy’s most recent work has been a writer on the American PBS networked children’s program Arthur and Peep’s – the latter won an Emmy Award for its inaugural season. She has also been a consultant on Zoom and Ready to Learn. All these are television programs aimed at pre-school children.
Mike Raggett – Creative Director
Mike is an experienced creator of the audio-visual components for English Language Training (ELT) courses at all levels. Mike has written and produced many other ELT videos, activity books and interactive-based programs for children, teenagers and young adults.