Pingu’s English’s growing influence in the international pre-school and English franchise sector, including across China and Belt and Road countries, was outlined last week during a speech at the Hong Kong International Franchise Show.
The well-attended speech given by Ms Sarah McAllister, Head of Marketing (New Business), highlighted the growing presence that Pingu’s English has in China and Belt and Road countries, with over 50 new Pingu’s English schools opened in the last year.
Launched in 2013, China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) aims to build infrastructure and trade links with over 65 countries across Asia, Africa, Europe and further afield. These countries currently make up over 62% of the world’s population, and around 35% of the world’s trade.
The projects include new highways, railways and ports as well as initiatives within energy, telecommunications, healthcare and education.
The speech outlined some of the notable developments that Pingu’s English has already had in China and Belt and Road markets including:
- Pingu’s English China has opened well over 50 Pingu’s English schools since their launch in 2015. And is now opening on average two new schools a month – with an ambition to grow their network even further in the next few years.
- Pingu’s English Myanmar, who only launched last year, has seen such demand for Pingu’s English there, that they plan to open two new Pingu’s English international kindergartens this coming year in Yangon and Mandalay.
- Demonstrating the long-term partnership Pingu’s English HQ builds with their Master Licensees, the speech also highlighted their Pingu’s English Thailand partner who has recently celebrated ten years of successfully working with Pingu’s English.
- Meanwhile in Cambodia, their Pingu’s English Master Licensee there launched in Phnom Penh this year with a high-profile launch led by HM British Ambassador of Cambodia.
- In Pakistan, Pingu’s English had their largest ever Pingu’s English official launch event this year, with over 1,000 guests in attendance.
- In the Gulf, Pingu’s English is also delivering success for Master Licensees. This autumn saw Pingu’s English launch five brand new Pingu’s English international kindergartens in the Gulf.
- Demonstrating that Pingu’s English operates in markets of all sizes, the speech highlighted two European Belt and Road markets which continue to do well; the Baltic markets of Lithuania and Estonia – who already have five schools.
- And finally, it was announced that early next year, other new Belt and Road countries will join the global Pingu’s English network– including the very diverse markets of Vietnam and Iraq.
During the speech, Pingu’s English also announced their ambitious market expansion plans to enter new Belt and Road markets including Hong Kong, Korea and Laos in the coming year.
— HKTDC (@hktdc) December 7, 2018
For more information, please email