The Linguaphone Group’s first Pingu’s English global Master Licensee conference took place this week at the Hilton Millenium Hotel, Bangkok.
Here Pingu’s English Master Licensees from around the world discussed the huge progress that had been made so far by the network, in little over three years, along with the challenges and opportunities that present themselves for the year ahead.
Nipat Ungpakornkaew, Pingu’s English Master Licensee for Thailand as the local host opened the event, and introduced our esteemed speaker HMA British Ambassador to Thailand, Asif Ahmad who welcomed delegates to Thailand and highlighted the enormous benefits that Pingus’ English can play to children even as young as two or three.
Derek Price, Chief Executive Officer with the Linguaphone Group then presented a strategic review of the Group’s activities and along with his team from the Head Office in London presented an exciting range of new products and initiatives that will shape the Group’s joint expansion plans for the years ahead.
There was also a chance for all Pingu’s English partners and Linguaphone Group staff to share their network objectives, strategy and outcomes through a series of presentations, as well as a chance to visit some of the wonderful Pingu’s English Thailand centers in Bangkok.
The conference came to a close with a gala dinner and Awards Ceremony where the following awards were given.
Best Network Growth
Winner 2012 – Pingu’s English Malaysia – www.pingusenglish.com.my
Winner 2012 – Pingu’s English Cyprus – www.pingusenglish.com.cy
Best Marketing Campaign
Winner 2012 – Pingu’s English Poland – www.pingusenglish.com.pl
Best Pingu’s English Centre
Winner 2012 – Pingu’s English Indonesia – www.pingusenglish.co.id
Top Performing Partner
Winner 2012 – Pingu’s English Thailand – www.pingusenglish.ac.th
Pingu’s English is a fun and imaginative way for young children to learn English and gain a better start in life. Centred around the true-to-life everyday adventures of Pingu™ and his family and friends in the South Pole, Pingu’s English is a three-level course aimed at 3 – 8+ years. Developed by leading experts in the fields of child education and language acquisition, this unique syllabus uses a wide variety of imaginative activities and multimedia resources to aid a child’s learning.
Designed for use within Pingu’s English schools, kindergartens and also by parents and children at home, this innovative course is exclusive to the Linguaphone Group, a UK-based global language training provider. The Pingu brand is owned by HIT Entertainment, one of the world’s leading independent children’s entertainment producers and rights owners.
For more information please visit www.pingusenglish.com
For all media enquiries please contact:
Sarah Cole, Head of Marketing, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)7799 723 218
Notes to editors
- HMA British Ambassador to Thailand, Asif Ahmad spoke at the first Pingu’s English global Master Licensee conference taking place at the Millennium Hilton, Bangkok, Thailand on Tuesday 24th April 2012.
- Pingu’s English has partners across Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East in the following countries: China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Korea, Lebanon, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Thailand. For more information on licensing opportunities worldwide, please visit www.pingusenglish.com or email email@example.com
- Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Each student will take advantage of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials developed by leading English language and child education specialists. Students will also use an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development.
- The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries. Master Licensee opportunities are available for our English language programmes worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pingusenglish.com
- About HIT Entertainment. HIT Entertainment is one of the world’s leading children’s entertainment producers and rights owners. HIT Entertainment is a division of Fisher-Price. HIT’s portfolio includes properties, such as Thomas & Friends®, Barney®, Bob the Builder®, Fireman Sam®, Angelina Ballerina®, Mike the Knight™, Pingu® and Rainbow Magic®. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing, digital media, and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com. To download artwork, please visit www.hitnewsonline.com.