Awan Sensory Marketing Sdn. Bhd and the Linguaphone Group, the world’s leading provider of language training solutions will today launch a pre-school English language course, Pingu’s English, at the Hotel Grand Millennium in Kuala Lumpur.
Designed for use within Pingu’s English approved schools and also by parents and children at home, this innovative course will be available initially in Bangsar – Kuala Lumpur, Putera Heights – Selangor and Kulai – Johor this September, with 10 more schools opening across Malaysia in early 2009.
Pingu’s English is a 3 level course and will teach English to young children of 3-7+ years. Pingu’s English also provides valuable lessons in socialization, numeracy and computer skills. The course is based on the hugely popular television character, Pingu™, the mischievous but loveable penguin, and centres on his true-to-life everyday adventures in the South Pole.
Announcing the launch of Pingu’s English in Malaysia, Nawar Mani Ramachandran, Managing Director of Awan Sensory Marketing Sdn. Bhd said:
“Pingu’s English is the most realistic, true-to-life children’s English course available that will teach children genuine, useable English. It is the only course to offer an extensive range of multimedia learning and support materials, all centred around the much-loved animated penguin Pingu.
“We are committed to providing a first-class English language curriculum, for all children throughout Malaysia for years to come. Pingu’s English will allow parents to give their children a better start in life”
For all media enquiries, please contact
Nawar Mani Ramachandran
Tel: +603 7785 5833
Notes to editors
- To find out more about Pingus’ English in Malaysia please visit www.pingusenglish.my. Pingu’s English will be launched at the Hotel Grand Millennium, Kuala Lumpur on Friday 25 July 2008 between 3 – 5 pm.
- Awan Sensory Marketing Sdn. Bhd is a member of the International Franchise Association (IFA). For more information on Unit Licensing opportunities across Malaysia please visit www.pingusenglish.my
- Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Developed by leading English language and child education specialists, each student will receive a course pack consisting of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials. Students will also receive an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, colouring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development.
- The Linguaphone Group is the world’s leading provider of distance and classroom-based language learning solutions, which operate under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 100 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of 200 learning centres in 25 countries. The Group also has a wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries to more than seven million customers. For more information visit www.linguaphonegroup.com . Pingu’s English will launch in locations across Europe, Asia and the Middle East in the coming months.
- The Linguaphone Group has licensed the popular children’s character Pingu from HIT Entertainment. HIT Entertainment is owned by private equity investment group Apax Partners, is one of the world’s leading independent children’s entertainment producers and rights-owners. HIT’s portfolio includes properties, such as Barney™, Bob the Builder™, Thomas & Friends™, Pingu™, Fireman Sam™,Angelina Ballerina™ and Rainbow Magic™. HIT represents Chapman Entertainment’s Fifi and the Flowertots™ and Roary the Racing Car™ in North America and Japan. HIT also acts as a worldwide representative for The Jim Henson Company’s library of classic family brands and as representative for The Wiggles® in the UK. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. HIT is a part-owner of US-based preschool channel, PBS KIDS Sprout SM, and international preschool channel JimJam, (outside of the US, UK and China). For more information, visit: www.hitentertainment.com